Pumas Promise 21st CCLC
The Pumas Promise 21st Century Community Learning Center at Renaissance Charter School at Plantation provides academic enrichment opportunities during non-school hours for students. During the school year, students participate in the afterschool program and at the end of the year they have the option to register for the summer camp program. The Pumas Promise afterschool program is currently in session and is designed to provide high-quality, structured, and education-focused activities to all participating students and their families. We serve 120 K-8 RCSP students everyday afterschool. The program helps students meet state learning standards in core academic subjects, such as reading and math; provides homework help; offers students a broad array of enrichment activities that complement their regular academic programs; and offers literacy and other educational services to the parents and families of students.
PUMAS PROMISE Summer 2019 Program Profile
- Extended summer learning opportunity for 120 Kinder-8 students programming.
- 4-week program totaling 20 days of service.
- Full-day program from 8 AM – 4 PM, including breakfast and lunch.
- High-quality, structured, standards-based activities.
- Reading and Math support sessions.
- Smaller student workgroups. (1:5 Teacher-student ratio)
- Pullout 1-on-1 opportunities for students needing further support.
- Relevant Project Based Learning Projects.
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
- Lots of learning, fun, and excitement!!!
Renaissance Charter School at Plantation
6701 West Sunrise Blvd.
Plantation, FL 33313
Target Schools: Renaissance Charter School at Plantation
Hours of Operation:
Monday, June 10, 2019, through Tuesday, July 9, 2019
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
No Program Days:
- Thursday, July 4, 2019
- Friday, July 5, 2019
Vanessa Ward, Program Director
954-556-9700 EXT 2101
Cartiana Bell, Site Assistant
21st_CCLC_Grant_Narrative (pdf) (1.3MB)